In preparation for the March 3, 2017 joint meeting with the Design Review Board and the Planning Advisory Board we have further refined the preliminary recommendations presented to the CRA Board on January 17, 2017. As a result, you will find attached a preliminary strikethrough and underline draft of Chapter 58, Division 30, D Downtown District; now titled Midtown Design District (MDD).
Also provided is a framework document for a Workforce Housing Floating Zone. The intent is to limit the “floating zone” to the area defined as the “core area,” defined as those parcels bounded by 5th Avenue South, 8th Street, 7th Avenue north, and Goodlette-Frank Road.
- To aid in the discussion at the joint meeting we have also prepared the attached PowerPoint presentation highlighting the following changes to Division 30:
- Change name to Midtown Design District.
- Front Setbacks: Build-to-line 10 feet.
- Establish Priority Streets and revise Standards for Building Design.
- Use: Residential only on 10th Street N/S permitted instead of conditional among others.
- Unit Sizes: Efficiency at 500 square feet but limit total amount allowed and create square footage for units with 3 or more bedrooms.
- Expand Boundaries to the North, West and South and add additional units to the residential unit pool.
- Create New Parking Pool for South Expansion.
- Create a Workforce Housing Floating Zone.
- Building Height
- Parking: Standards and Surface Parking
- Midtown Expedited Infill Development